Interior Goods Direct
- Interior Goods Direct is the parent company of nine companies/websites and as such all these terms and conditions relate to the relevant websites. The websites in question are Custom Curtains, Ocerti, Pleated Blinds Direct, Poles Direct, Roller Blinds Direct, Roman Blinds Direct, Shutters Direct, Vertical Blinds Direct and Wooden Blinds Direct.
The contract between us
- We must receive payment of the whole value of the goods (and any other service charge such as delivery) that you order before your order can be accepted. Once payment has been received, our acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us. We will contact you if we are unable to accept your order for any reason.
- You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when they have been paid for and delivered to you. Once goods have been delivered to you, they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their loss or destruction.
Confirmation of order
- You will receive an email confirmation shortly after placing your order. It is your responsibility to check the order confirmation immediately and inform us of any detail that is incorrect. We cannot amend an order once it has gone into production and the manufacturing process has begun. Please be aware, the manufacturing process can often begin within 1 hour of the order having been placed.
Your right to cancel (non made-to-measure items)
- You may cancel your contract with us for the goods you order at any time up to the end of the seventh (7th) working day from the date you receive the ordered goods. You do not need to give any reason for cancelling your order, nor will you receive any penalty.
- If you have received the ordered goods before you cancel your order then you must send the goods back to us at your own cost and liability prior to any refund being processed.
- Any refund processed will be minus any service charges such as any delivery charge.
- We will only action a refund if the goods are in a re-sellable condition and in their original packaging.
- Any refunds that are due will usually be processed within 14 days of the return being processed by ourselves.
Your right to cancel (made-to-measure items)
- Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, where the goods are ‘made to measure’ you will have no right to cancel your order, return the goods or seek any refund.
- Cancellations are only possible if the production process has not begun.
Cancellation by us
- We reserve the right to cancel the contract between us and you the customer, if:
- a) We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered and will not be receiving further stock of the product required.
- b) We are unable to deliver to your area.
- c) One or more of the goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers. We are under no obligation to provide goods at the prices listed on our website if they are deemed by us to be incorrect.
- If we do cancel your order we will notify you and we will process a refund as soon as possible but in any event within 70 days of your order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for any disappointment suffered.
- The cost of delivery is detailed on our website.
- Should the size and weight of the order be particularly large, we reserve the right to increase the charge for delivery on an ad-hoc basis. Should this instance ever occur, we will contact you to discuss.
- We reserve the right to increase the cost of delivery to a given destination at any given time.
- Delivery is not available to certain locations, should we receive an order to such a location, we reserve the right to cancel your order.
- The couriers should always request a signature on delivery from either you or a neighbour, Should you request the order to be left safe without a signature, the liability for any loses or damage moves wholly to yourself.
- Should there be a case where the delivery company have potentially lost your order we reserve the right to investigate this with the courier for a maximum of 7 working days after despatch of your original goods prior to remaking the product and re-despatching your order.
- Whilst most deliveries are made during office hours, the delivery company can deliver your goods up to 9pm on an evening in peak periods.
- Although we aim to deliver within the estimated timescales listed on the website, we do have up to 30 working days to deliver your goods on top of the timescale listed on the website.
Losses or damages
- All losses and/or damages should be reported to us no more than 3 days from receipt of goods. By receipt, we mean a delivery to you and/or a neighbour.
- Should you inform us of any losses/damages after 3 working days, we are no longer liable.
- In order to speed up delivery of any replacements from us to you, we will often ask for photographic evidence of any damage. We must have evidence of damage prior to replacements being authorised.
- In the unlikely event that any of the items you order are received with a fault or indeed develop a fault within the period of the guarantee, we reserve the right to repair the said item. This may involve issuing you some parts and very simple instructions to rectify the problem.
- Should the fault be un-repairable and the problem be under a guarantee, we will replace the item free of charge.
- In order to speed up delivery of any replacements from us to you, we will often ask for photographic evidence of any faults.
- Due to the manufacturing process and natural sources used, a small percentage of our products have a natural odour, which will usually pass in time. Please be aware this is not a fault, and product cannot be returned for this reason.li>
Booking a 3rd party (installer/fitter/carpenter)
- All products on our website detail an ‘estimated despatch’ time. Please note, these dates are estimated and not guaranteed. Should a delivery be delayed for whatever reason, we are not responsible for compensating any monies due to fitters being booked prior to you receiving your goods. We strongly recommend you do not book any fitter or lay out any cost for fitting until you are in receipt of your products and they have been checked.
Specification of goods
- Whilst we always endeavour to accurately portray imagery on our website, due to different PC, tablet and mobile settings, the colours and shading of colour may appear slightly different to the actual colour of the item. We do offer a free sample service which we strongly advise you use. We are not liable for any issue relating to differences in colours should you choose not to use the sample service.
- Due to the majority of our products being from a natural source, there will inevitably be slight differences with different batches. We cannot be held liable for this. We strongly recommend you buy the required products all at the same time so as to minimise this potential problem.
- All measurements should be taken in centimetres and not inches. As a company we only deal in centimetres. Whether you place your order over the phone or on the website we will presume you are giving us the measurements in the format we require, consequently we have no liability should you give us measurements in any other format than centimetres.
- While we always endeavour to accurately portray imagery on our website, due to different PC, tablet and mobile settings, colours and shading of colour may appear slightly different to the actual colour of the item. We do offer a free sample service which we strongly advise you use. We are not liable for any issue relating to differences in colours should you choose not to use the sample service. We recommend samples are always requested prior to each order as there can be differences between batches.
- When requesting samples, please be aware it is not always possible to show the entire range of the pattern or colour. Due to the nature of some patterns and colours, we cannot be made liable should you proceed with an order and not be aware of how the product will look. Should you be in any doubt please contact Customer Services and/or see imagery on the website for further details.
- Suppliers may change names/colourings over time. As many of our products come from a natural source there will inevitably be differences with different batches. It is not possible to return products if products have been ordered at separate times and there is not an exact colour match.
- You are wholly responsible for giving us accurate measurements, whilst we are always happy to offer advice, the liability of any incorrect measurement remains wholly with you.
- You must check the details of your order immediately. Once the order begins the production process, amendments cannot be made without a financial implication to yourself.
- Should you use an online convertor with regards your measurements, it is your responsibility to ensure this transfers correctly.
- All our products are made with a tolerance of +/- 5mm for blinds and +/- 3cm for curtains. We make every effort to ensure all products are manufactured to the exact sizes requested.
- Should an item be within these tolerances, you will not be entitled to reject the goods on this basis.
- We have a dedicated customer service team who are happy to process orders over the phone. Upon completion of the order, it is your responsibility to check the specific details of the order and inform us of anything that is incorrect. We will not accept claims of incorrect orders once the production process has begun.
Amending your order
- Should you wish to amend your order in any way, this can be done so long at the order has not gone into production i.e we have not started work on your products. Please note, orders can often move into the manufacturing process within 1 hour of receipt of your order being placed.
- Any such amendment should be made to us in writing.
- Should any amendment be made to any item by yourself, it is likely it will cause delays with the despatch of your order. We will endeavour to inform you of said delays.
- Please be aware, any amendment to your order will not show on your email confirmation or your delivery note when you receive your goods.
Returns (non made-to-measure items)
- Should you ever want to return an item based on the fact the said item was not faulty, the cost and liability of the return would remain with you.
- The prices payable for goods that you order are as set out on our website.
- All prices are inclusive of VAT.
- We reserve the right to increase/decrease prices as we see fit. Should you have placed an order and the price of the same goods has since been decreased, you are not entitled to a partial refund.
- The Surefit guarantee covers incorrect measurements only and blinds will only be replaced with the same type and colour of blind.
- If the new measurements are larger than the original measurements, you will be charged the difference in the price of the two items. If the new measurements are less than the original measurements the difference in price will not be refunded.
- Should the new measurements be smaller than the original measurements, if we are able to, we will amend that item rather than manufacture a brand new item.
- Should you activate the Surefit guarantee, the original order will need to be returned in the original packaging prior to delivery of your new order. Should this be damaged in any way, we reserve the right to cancel your Surefit guarantee and stop production of your replacement items. Should you have paid for the Surefit guarantee, no monies will be refunded.
- We must be notified in 10 working days of delivery of the order if you wish to activate the Surefit guarantee
- The Surefit guarantee only applies to customers living in the UK (mainland only).
- We are only able to offer one remake per item / four per household. This service can only be used once, any subsequent orders will not be covered under the Surefit guarantee
- All our products are covered by at least a 12 month guarantee, some products carry an extended 5 year guarantee. The only exception to this rule are the motors from the motorised blinds where a 1 year guarantee applies.
- All warranties cover all components.
- Fading of fabrics is covered by the 1 year guarantees but not the 5 year guarantee.
Events beyond our control
- We shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion, accident or extreme weather.
Third party rights
- Except for our affiliates, directors, employees or representatives, a person who is not a party to this agreement has no right under the UK Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available apart from that Act..
- The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.
Terms and conditions
- We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions at any given time.
- The only language in which an order may be placed and accepted is English. We apologise for any disappointment that this may cause.